In short: your point of view. Here is a set of questions that every strategist needs to answer throughout communications, presentations and websites in order to define you as both a strategist and a consulting partner…
- What makes you different? What is your edge? Are you differentiating yourself?
- What is your approach? How does that define you and rationalise your fee?
- What school of strategic thought do you subscribe to? Data-driven? Brand-driven? Consumer-driven? Reactive or proactive?
- How do you get towards your ‘big idea’? Where do you draw your insight from?
- How do you – and do you want to – work with others?
Once answered, you will have on paper (or online) your reason d’être – your point of view and your place in the world all defined.